This is my now outdated academic website. I am no longer in academia, but a happy coder. Researcher in the Algorithms group Department of Informatics University of Bergen, Norway Pål Grønås Drange
- Events Eurocomb 2015 (co-chair with Professor Jan Arne Telle) Worker 2015 (chair) NCPC 2012, 2013, 2014 (local organizer) Algorithms research stand at Christiekonferansen 2013 Organized Horisonter lecture: Does the measurement device measure what it is supposed to measure? — Jo Røislien ICT Research School 2013 — organizer and scientific committee Turing Centennary 2012 — organizer and scientific committee Other committees and responsibility Member of the problem committee for NCPC 2014
- Journal publications An O(c^k n) 5-Approximation Algorithm for Treewidth (SIAM Journal on Computing, TA) — Hans L. Bodlaender, Pål Grønås Drange, Markus Dregi, Fedor V. Fomin, Daniel Lokshtanov, and Michał Pilipczuk Exploring the Subexponential Complexity of Completion Problems, ACM Transactions on Computation Theory (TOCT) — Pål Grønås Drange, Fedor V. Fomin, Michał Pilipczuk, and Yngve Villanger On the Computational Complexity of Vertex Integrity and Component Order Connectivity, (Algorithmica, TA) — Pål Grønås Drange, Markus Dregi, Pim van’t Hof Conference proceedings Kernelization and Sparseness: the case of Dominating Set (STACS 2016, TA) (arXiv preprint) — Pål Grønås Drange, Markus Dregi, Fedor V.
- Current status I’m Pål Grønås Drange, researcher in the the Algorithms group, Department of Informatics, University of Bergen, Norway. I received my PhD from the University after defending my thesis “Parameterized Graph Modification Algorithms”, which was supervised by Professor Fedor V. Fomin. My scholarship during the PhD period came from Fomin’s ERC Advanced Grant Rigorous Theory of Preprocessing, ERC Advanced Investigator Grant 267959. I was a PhD student from January 2012 until January 2016.
- Grapher I am the lead developer and main contributor of the Grapher Android application, whose source code is available under a free license at github.com/drange/Grapher. Please have a look at it, and I am very happy for any feedback you may have. This app is a pet project for drawing graphs, exporting to tikz and metapost (and soon pictures), running algorithms on graphs, etc. It started as a simple way to make TikZ code by drawing a graph, but as time passed, we implemented algorithms on these drawn graphs, especially NP-hard ones.
- Please feel free to contact me at any time, either by email, mail or coming to my office. For Inquiries Please Call: 555-84 294 or send an email to Pal.Drange@uib.no Or you can visit me at: Department of Informatics Høgteknologisenteret, Thormøhlensgate 55, N-5008 Bergen Room 3146